Enterprise Ethereum Alliance and Token Taxonomy Initiative Take Center Stage at Blockchain Week NYC
May 8, 2019
EEA and Token Taxonomy Initiative to Present and Lead Sessions at Blockchain Week NYC’s
Ethereal Summit, Tokenized Assets and Consensus 2019 Events
NEW YORK — May 8, 2019 — The Enterprise Ethereum Alliance (EEA) today announced that the 300-member organization and the EEA-hosted, blockchain-neutral Token Taxonomy Initiative will lead educational sessions and workshops covering the latest enterprise blockchain advances, coming innovations and real-world use cases during Blockchain Week New York City, May 10-17, 2019. Representatives from both the EEA and Token Taxonomy Initiative will headline a series of sessions at the Ethereal Summit, May 10-11; Tokenized Assets, May 12; and Consensus, May 13-15. EEA will have booths at all three events, and networking opportunities will be plentiful.
These events will be a unique opportunity for attendees to learn about the EEA and the new blockchain-neutral Token Taxonomy Initiative, launched in April with founding members Accenture, Banco Santander, Blockchain Research Institute, Clearmatics, ConsenSys, Digital Asset, EY, IBM, ING, Intel, J.P. Morgan, Komgo, Microsoft, R3 and Web3 Labs, among others.
Ethereal Summit, May 10-11, Pioneer Works, Brooklyn; Visit the EEA in the Exhibition Area
The EEA is sponsoring this kick-off event for Blockchain Week NYC. At the EEA booth in the exhibit area, attendees can learn more about the continuous evolution of the EEA’s standards work, the rapidly growing Ethereum developer ecosystem and the EEA’s future roadmap. Meetings can be scheduled in advance with EEA Membership Director Bill Allder.
Head to the Ethereal Workshop Stage for the EEA presentation:
- PRESENTATION: “Setting the Standard: Blockchain and the Coming Token-Powered Economy”
- SPEAKER: EEA Executive Director Ron Resnick
- WHEN: Saturday, May 11, 2:10 p.m.-2:40 p.m.
- WHERE: Ethereal Workshop Stage
To register and or learn more, visit www.etherealsummit.com.
Tokenized Assets New York, May 12, 365 West 37th St., 17th Floor; Visit the EEA in the Exhibition Hall
The EEA is sponsoring this conference that is focused on applying blockchain technology to the process of tokenizing a real-world asset and the creation of a security token. Meetings may be scheduled in advance with EEA Membership Director Bill Allder.
Head to the Main Stage for an EEA and Token Taxonomy Initiative Presentations:
- PRESENTATION: Featured Session: Tokenization
- “Setting the Standard: Blockchain and the Coming Token-Powered Economy” – EEA Executive Director Ron Resnick
- “Demystifying Tokens and the Road to Standardization” – Token Taxonomy Initiative Chair Marley Gray, an EEA Board Member and Principal Architect at Microsoft
- WHEN: Sunday, May 12, 4:00-4:30 p.m.
- WHERE: Main Stage
To register and or learn more, visit https://thefutureof.finance/tokenized/new-york
Consensus, May 13-15, New York Hilton Midtown; Booth #106 & Murray Hill East Meeting Room
The EEA is also sponsoring Consensus 2019, Blockchain Week NYC’s headline event. Visit the EEA in the exhibition hall at Booth #106 or our meeting room in Murray Hill East; both located on the second floor of the Hilton. At Consensus, the EEA will elaborate upon its strategy, vision and specification roadmap, as well as share updates related to the blockchain-neutral Token Taxonomy Initiative. Schedule meetings in advance with EEA Membership Director Bill Allder.
Head to the Grand Ballroom for the panel featuring EEA Board Member Marley Gray:
- PANEL: Open by Design: Delivering Blockchain for Business Anywhere
- SPEAKER: EEA Board Member Marley Gray, Principal Architect at Microsoft
- WHEN: Tuesday, May 14, 9:00-9:30 a.m.
- WHERE: Hilton, 3rd Floor, Grand Ballroom
Head to the Trianon Ballroom for the panel featuring EEA Executive Director Ron Resnick:
- PANEL: Industry 4.0: New Business Models for a New State of Play
- SPEAKER: EEA Executive Director Ron Resnick
- WHEN: Wednesday, May 15, 11:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- WHERE: Hilton, 3rd Floor, Trianon Ballroom, Business
To register or learn more, visit Consensus at https://www.coindesk.com/events/consensus-2019/register.
The blockchain-neutral Token Taxonomy Initiative will lead a complimentary educational webinar titled “Token Taxonomy Framework Overview” on Thursday, May 16, from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. Eastern. The webinar is an opportunity to learn more about the technology and financial services leaders behind the Token Taxonomy Initiative and the work ahead to define a universal token model. There is no charge to attend, but advance registration is required.
- WHAT: Complimentary educational webinar on the Token Taxonomy Framework
- WHO: Presenter is Marley Gray, Token Taxonomy Initiative Chair, EEA Board Member, and Principal Architect at Microsoft
- WHERE: Watch the webinar live online at http://bit.ly/TTIwebinar
- WHEN: Thursday, May 16, at 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Eastern
- REGISTRATION: There is no charge to attend, but advance registration is required. To register for the webinar, visit http://bit.ly/TTIwebinar. Use the password Tokens2019 when prompted online.
Media and Analyst Briefings
Executives are available for media and analyst briefings. For more information or to schedule a briefing during Blockchain Week NYC with the EEA or the Token Taxonomy Initiative, please contact Jessie Hennion at 781-876-6280 or [email protected].
About the EEA
The Enterprise Ethereum Alliance (EEA) is a member-driven standards organization whose charter is to develop open blockchain specifications that drive harmonization and interoperability for businesses and consumers worldwide. Our global community of members is made up of leaders, adopters, innovators, developers and businesses who collaborate to create an open, decentralized web for the benefit of everyone. The EEA also hosts the blockchain-neutral Token Taxonomy Initiative formed to define and understand tokens. To learn more about the Token Taxonomy Initiative, please reach out to [email protected]. For additional information about joining the EEA, please reach out to [email protected].